Welcome To My Homepage
I am currently on a permanent researcher contract at the Center for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS), Örebro University. My current research is primarily related to Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR& R) for Robotics. I have focused on hybrid methods that integrate automated task and motion planning, scheduling, as well as temporal and spatial reasoning. My goal is twofold: to combine heterogeneous representations for the purpose of obtaining “hybrid” KR formalisms that are able to express the many nuances of real-world robotics problems; and to develop efficient methods for reasoning with these formalisms. My main achievement in my research about hybrid KR&R is the development of novel Meta-CSP reasoning techniques for robots, which are reported in my PhD thesis: “A Constraint-Based Approach for Hybrid Reasoning in Robotics”.
I am also interested in the ethical and social implications of technology in general and robotics/AI in particular; as well as topics at the intersection of feminism and robotics, e.g., how to build and program intelligent robotic systems that do not reason and act in a sexist way.
Previously, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Cognitive Robotic Systems of the AASS center at the Örebro University, where I received my PhD (2016) as well. I have also visited Prof. Nick Hawes’s robotics group at the Oxford Robotics Institute, and had research stay in Sven Koenig's lab at the University of Southern California.
- Artificial Intelligent in Autonomous Mobile Robotics
- Multi-robot Planning and Coordination for Industrial Vehicles
- Integrated Reasoning in Robotics
- Hybrid Knowledge Representation for Robotics
- Feminism and Robotics
My Recent Activities
- I am teaching Advanced Artificial Intelligence in our Master Program of Robotics and Intelligent Systems.
- I am in a four-months research stay at the Oxford Robotics Institute.
- Invited Talk at the "Workshop on New horizons in cognitive robotics and AI exploiting recent advances for predictive control and prospective interaction between agents", International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Brisbane, Australia, 2018
- Giving Tutorial with Federico Pecora at the 28th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS) on "Integrated Motion Planning, Coordination and Control for Fleets of Mobile Robots", June 25th, Delft, Netherlands.
- I am in a short research stay in Sven Koenig's lab at the University of Southern California
- Panelist in the plenary discussion on Social Aspects in Integrating AI and Robotics at the fourth Lucia PhD school on "Artificial Intelligence and Robotics"
- Program Committee member of the Workshop on Introspective Methods for Reliable Autonomy (IMRA-2017) held in the IROS 2017
- Program Committee member of the Workshop on Application of Semantic Web technologies in Robotics (AnSWeR)
- Lecturer at the third International Winter Schools on ``Artificial Intelligence and Robotics’’
- Program Committee member of the ICAPS 2017 Robotics Track
- Organizing the IROS 2016 workshop on Integrating Multiple Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Techniques in Robotics (MIRROR-16)
- Defending my PhD thesis with the thesis title A Constraint-Based Approach for Hybrid Reasoning in Robotics
- Interview with oru.se (see Hennes robot är både kypare och gruvarbetare)
- Panelist in Countering Discrimination panel discussion at IJCAI 2015 talking about the lack of presence of women in AI